Process of Kaga-Yuzen
In recent years, process are being rationalized thanks to progress of an automatic machine, a printing machine, etc.
However, most subdivided processes are specialized, and Kaga-Yuzen retains traditional technique, and is performed by handmade processes.
Although it may be unreasonable, it's dignity and virture of Kaga-Yuzen.
Outline of a processes
- 1.Planning The Desihn
- 2.Copying The Design
- Outline of the pattern is copied from the draft figure and drawn on silk by the thin line of the juice of the flower called 'aobana' .
- It pulls along with the line of a sketch, pressing out paste from a pipe, and is made for dye not to ooze out at coloring processes.
- It paints giving a shading off etc. with the small brush.You can experience this coloring process at Nagamachi Yuzen Kan
- The portion of a pattern is covered with paste.
And the color of a background is dyed with the brush.
Fixing the background as necessary
- By steaming, dye is fixed, and by washing in cold water, to wash out excessive paste.