Feature of Kaga-Yuzen
Work for drawing an outline with paste
Yuzen is a technique of a Kimono which gives an outline with the paste which achieves the duty of a bank so that dye may not be mixe.
- It came to be called 'yuzen' name after the ' Miyazaki Yuzen Sai ' ,the founder of Yuzen.
- The delicate white outline of a pattern which appears when washed at the process of finish.
- Pictures tone. Nature and the classic are used as the motif.
- Generally colorful. based on ' Kaga Gosai ( Kaga 5 color ) '.
- enji(dark red)
- odo (Chinese yellow)
- kusa(grass green)
- kodaimurasaki (antique purple)
- "Aobana (A blue flower which is the origin of the dye )" is used for copy the design.
- "Mushi-kui (Worm-eaten spot pattern)" and "Saki-bokashi (Shading off)" which are characterized by being still natural .
- There are few gorgeous ornaments (golden processing etc.) .
Kaga-Yuzen as a Kimono
- If you wear Kaga-Yuzen, your heart will be calmed, and feel something solemn.
- Even Kaga-Yuzen is not gorgeous, it still fascinates many people with its "breathtaking beauty".